Friday 26 November 2010

Trust in Jesus

I am a Christian who attends a local Anglican church. My parents were Anglicans, (Church of England), I was 'Christened' in an Anglican church, attended Sunday School when about 3 to 5 years of age, was delighted to hear about Jesus and I grew up believing that was where I belonged, in just the same way that many other Christians find themselves worshipping within other denominations. Church life for me ended there and began again only a decade ago, with much enthusiasm.

Just like all Christians, I love Jesus Christ and long for peace and eternal life of love and inclusion in God's Kingdom for all people, everywhere. I find that there is enormous joy in being interested in other peoples understandings and beliefs and having the opportunity to share my own with anyone who is interested. In any case, pleasant conversations are to be desired and encouraged if we are to find any joy in life today, or any day.

I endeavour to stay pleasant, encouraging and positive, realising that I might never know what other pressures or disappointments another person is, so far, still living with.

Knowing also, that God will judge me with the same set values, (measuring system / scale) which I use to judge others.

Every morning on waking, I pray to Jesus that He will guide me in all that I think, say and do.

King James Bible
2 Corinthians, chapter 13, verse 14. (2 Corinthians 13:14)

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen.

No comments: