Monday 9 May 2011

How to Avoid Hurts & Offenses in the Church

I am very happy indeed to be a member a very lively, active and loving church.  We have an excellent team of clergy, including 'retired' clergy for whom I have very high regard.  All are holy spirit inspired, dedicated, selfless, hard working, highly intelligent and gifted individuals.

I count myself very fortunate indeed to be just one of the many ordinary members, who can usually organise her life in such a way that I can offer a helping hand wherever required, in order to help maintain the smooth running of the church environment.  I love every moment I spend in my church.  For many, many years, for whatever reason, I was unable to attend church and - it hurt.  I had to make some drastic changes in my life in order to be in the company of other Christians.   Happily, such dramatic changes are not necessary for everyone who wants to start attending church on a regular basis.


How to Avoid Hurts & Offences in the Church

The writer of the above article ends with the following words:-

'It is my prayer that these principles will help and encourage you in your relationship with the church. If you been injured there or have merely strayed away, I urge you to find God's grace to forgive those who may have hurt you and return to the fellowship of God people. As challenging as it may seem sometimes, the church is Christ's plan for His people, and it is there that He will develop and mature you into a fully equipped disciple of His kingdom.'

4 comments:

Child Of God said...

You have no idea how much I needed to read this blog. I'm in a hurtful situation right now with my best friend going against God's word & I just do not know what to do. I love her, but I don't know about remaining friends with someone who does not believe God's word just because they can't keep living a sinful life. Thank you for posting to me & leading me to your Blogs!
Michelle :)

Joan said...

Michelle, thank you, it's so good to share these thoughts with you. This blog certainly is relevant to me at this time too, for different reasons. As always, I am sure that more prayer is the answer then to leave the rest to the Lord Jesus Christ who will put things in their right order and at the same time fill us with a sense of joy and peace. We know that He has never left us to face our difficulties alone and is always there, loving us and caring for us. Let' pray for each other...

Child Of God said...

Yes, let us pray for each other :)
I feel strong and happy this morning. Ready to face the day, with the Lord by side, even carrying me at times if He has to, but I have faith today is going to be a good day with the Lord!

Joan said...

Yes, I am sure prayer that is always the answer and I am also aware that Paul, like Jesus was not known for keeping quiet and staying out of trouble when the right thing to do was to speak up. We cannot say we that we are trusting in Jesus - and then worry!