Wednesday 25 May 2011

Open your eyes and see.

That's twice it's happened in the last year, eyes open.
That's twice it's happened in the last year.

I am out with friends and I am unexpectedly given a sheet of paper to read, I spend a minute or so effortlessly reading the words and / or diagram and eventually become aware that I am not wearing my glasses, the images then gently retreat into a hazy blur. My eyes are open and I see, except there is a part of me that believes that I cannot read the writing without my magnifiers.

I'm a Christian psychotherapist! How often do we neglect to spend time seriously working on ourselves? I shall meditate on this little mystery and pray for some help / answers.
..................................................................

Part of a prayer written by Richard, Bishop of Chichester, 1197 - 1263

"Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, for all the benefits Thou hast given me, for all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me. O most merciful redeemer, friend and brother, may I know thee more clearly, love thee more dearly and follow thee more nearly, day by day."

No comments: