Monday 11 July 2011

Jesus says "Woe unto You, Scribes and Pharisees" Tissot plus audio KJV

Audio Matthew chapter 23 KJV



File:Brooklyn Museum - Woe unto You, Scribes and Pharisees (Malheur à vous, scribes et pharisiens) - James Tissot.jpg


Inspiration:  St Matthew's gospel, chapter 23

Artist: James Joseph Jacques Tissot (1836–1902)
Title: Français : Malheur à vous, scribes et pharisiens
English: Woe unto You, Scribes and Pharisees
Date: between 1886 and 1894
Medium: opaque watercolor over graphite on gray wove paper
Dimensions: 17 × 26.4 cm (6.7 × 10.4 in)
Current location: Brooklyn Museum
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository.


My readings are usually taken from the days readings in the lectioniary. I read the entire chapter for completeness and ease of filing. I did not write the Holy Bible, I only read it. It is my hope that I shall be able to complete the entire bible, improving the quality of my readings as I go. I do believe that if we say that we read the bible, that we do indeed, and at least make an effort to read ALL OF IT. So many of Jesus' teachings will escape us otherwise. It is not an easy read and yet so incredibly strengthening.  As in  everything else perseverance is needed if we are going to achieve anything worthwhile.


No comments: