Wednesday 21 September 2011

God judges among the gods.




Psalm 82
King James Version
A Psalm of Asaph
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
.............................................................

Rescue the weak and  needy.
Psalm 82 ESV 

A Psalm of Asaph.
1 God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
2 “How long will you judge unjustly
and show partiality to the wicked?
Selah
3 Give justice to the weak and the fatherless;
maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”
5 They have neither knowledge nor understanding,
they walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
6 I said, “You are gods,
sons of the Most High, all of you;
7 nevertheless, like men you shall die,
and fall like any prince.”
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth;
for you shall inherit all the nations!


2 comments:

T Childs said...

This is a wonderful psalm Joan; in either version it is just so powerful. By the way, I noticed (eventually) that you had changed web address for your site! For a couple of days I haven't been able to log on, and I missed your blog and your wisdom! Oh well; all's well that ends well! Just in case anyone of your many followers wants to check out my blog it's at: http://tchildschristianityblog.blogspot.com/

Joan said...

Thank you Tim, I like to demonstrate, sometimes, that I do not only read the King James Bible although it is my favourite version. I think my domain name got caught up in some spam scam. It's all to technical for me, so after many painful hours of trying to sort it out, I realized that I could easily revert back to my old blogspot address. I have been meaning to email my dear followers to let them know and now and now seems a good time. Clicking on my little picture on your followers list, I'm there somewhere, should bring you back to my blog again anyway. As always, thank you for your valued contributions, they are always very encouraging. I thank God for His wisdom and His word, our bible. God bless.