Sunday 11 September 2011

Visiting London and Christian services - everybody welcome.

How I spent today in London.

11.15 am - sung Eucharist in St Margaret's Chapel - Westminster Abbey.

Next - Joan Miro Exhibition - Tate Gallery, Bankside.

3.15 - Choral evensong at St Paul's Cathedral.

6.30 -  10th Anniversary Service of 9/11 at Westminster Abbey.


I feel very much more confident and at home attending such special services as these, since I have been regularly attending my local church, where my loyalty will remain for as long as I live in this area.

At Westminster Abbey we were told that "all who take communion at their own church are welcome to receive it here."  Walking through the choir to receive communion I almost became transfixed to the spot for the power of the Holy spirit taking hold of me in that place.  The power of the Holy Spirit resonating through the voices of the choir enveloped me and vibrated through my very being.  I felt as if my very atoms had been momentarily expanded with ecstasy.  That is the best way I can explain it.  The choir evidently enjoy the interaction too, you can just feel it.

Either I shall sleep very well tonight or remain wide awake for most of it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joan ~ Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and for the kind comment. I joined your blog because your love for Jesus shines and I am so attracted to His love and His light! Even this post is so beautiful ~ the way you felt the Holy Spirit through the choir ~ I have felt that too, through music to God. Thank you, dear friend...and I look forward to reading your future posts!! Much love ~ alice

Joan said...

Thank you Alice. As you are already very much aware, when we have received the Lord Jesus Christ into our lives we just know that we are guided and are never alone. These encouraging communications from other Christians greatly increase the power of His spirit of Love.

T Childs said...

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in London Joan! What a thrilling thing to feel the Holy Spirit and to be able to describe it so passionately and vividly. Oh, I am still putting my foot in it now and again; if I ever offend anyone, it's never intentional! I guess I need to see the bigger picture like you do!

Joan said...

Tim, you are as passionate about spreading the good news as I am. As for me never offending anyone....I only hope and pray that my words and actions bring hope and inspiration to suffering people more often than they might cause offence.

T Childs said...

Thanks Joan! I really appreciate your comment and I really appreciate your blog!