Saturday 28 February 2015

Silk bargello quilt in red, blue, cerise.







My quilts, twenty in all, were made intuitively, that is without any prior planning except for choosing the fabric and colours.  This silk bargello quilt has a fine white cotton backing as have all my quilts. 

I made these quilts whilst mourning the loss of my husband in 2001-2002 and found great comfort and peace in he process, which has to be very precise and yet offering endless scope for creativity. At the same time I had a sense of being incredibly, completely loved and entirely safe. 

Whatever unexpected and not very pleasant events have transpired in the intervening years, (and there have been several), this sense of being divinely loved has n ever left me. 

You are welcome to follow me on Facebook where I share my spiritual beliefs.  Love and blessings.

No comments: